Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Hip Hop


Iggy Azalea is an easy target, and insults like this will keep coming. In her recent Thisis50 Radio interview, former Flipmode Squad member, Rah Digga recently said she doesn't consider Iggy Azalea Hip Hop. I love Rah Digga, but I have to say this...why is rappers that nolonger have careers that keep complaining about those that have careers right now? When old rappers still doing good for themselves complain about someone like Iggy, then I will listen. 







Read her words below...

“Iggy Azalea it’s like I can’t get into her. Because it’s just not real to me…There is a white girl from Australia that spits in an Australian accent, and her name is Chelsea Jane. That I can get into. Teach me Australian Hip Hop culture. Don’t come to America and try to convince me that you’re Gangsta Boo…Personally, I don’t consider her Hip Hop. I listen to her album. Everything that I hear on there is everything but that. And I feel like Hip Hop is Hip Hop.” (Thisis50 Radio Interview)


I love Rah Digga, but I have to say this...why is it that rappers that nolonger have careers are the ones that keep complaining about those that have careers right now? When old rappers still doing good for themselves complain about someone like Iggy, then I will listen. 



Don't get me wrong, I don't think Iggy is a super dope rapper. Personally, I think Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma, Angel Haze are way better rappers than Iggy, but I hate when people come with that "Oh, she is selling only cos she is white" or that "she is from Australia and should be rapping with an Aussie accent." Generally, people that like to complain about everything when they are not doing so good will always find something to complain about. Iggy is not out there shouting at the top of her voice that she is the best female rapper out there. She is a young white girl that fell in love with Hip Hop music, and wanted to be a part of it. She wanted it so much that she made the sacrifice of living her family back in Australia at the young age of 16 to travel down to the home of Hip Hop music.




Over the years, she struggled to get into the rap game, and the Universe finally paid her handwork with success. She has her own lane of catchy rap songs, and she stays in that lane and her fans support her. She is not trying to be all negative or any thing like that, so that makes her 'not hip hop?' So what if she doesn't rap with an Aussie accent, the girl has been in America since she was 16, and is currently a young lady of 24. Isn't 8 years enough to be hugely influenced by people of a certain culture to the point that you start sounding like them?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar