Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

So I tried Charcoal Toothpaste....and it actually works

 Okay, so I have been dying to try this!

I had heard about the craze for black toothpaste already but never knew about the chewing gum option.  When I got a chance to try both, I jumped at the chance.

I hate my teeth.

I never smile with my mouth open and I hate photos where they are on display. I am convinced after ten years as a smoker and a lifetime coffee inhaler - that my teeth are destroyed. I had given up on ever having nice or white teeth ever again. I've used every whiting product ever made. So this was going to be an interesting one.

Just a reminder before I continue, about how the reviews work on this site. I get asked a lot what happens when I get a product that I feel doesn't work or isn't worth the money.  I just don't feature it. Simple as that. I know there are a lot of blogs that promote products simply because they've been sent a thing - I've been around almost ten years and I can't do it. I would rather people could trust my site to read a review then get a free thing.
 So back to the toothpaste!

This is the UK's first charcoal activated whitening toothpaste and gum from Curapox. The active carbon helps to whiten and re-mineralised teeth.  It also contains a mineral form of calcium and xylitol to help prevent tooth decay while the carbon absorbs and removes stain particles.
My first thought was - what the hell is charcoal going to taste like?!?!? I have so many masks that I swear by because of the charcoal content. The answer was......strange. While I couldn't taste actual charcoal because of the mint flavor, I could certainly feel a difference. I found I brushed my teeth for longer (not a bad thing!!) which means this isn't suited to a rush tooth brushing job as I felt like the charcoal showed against my teeth longer then the white.

It felt almost dry in my mouth. A slug of mouth wash cured this which I'm not surprised at given its charcoal.

I would suggest this (at least for me) as a once a week treatment rather then every day. But I have seen a difference. I feel my teeth are less stained. I have been following the tooth paste with a chewing gum on the way to work.

The gum feels and tastes no difference to regular gum. If the toothpaste is a step too far for you then the gum provides a great top up to the toothpaste. I think both have contributed to a change in my teeth. I'm seeing less stains and feeling more comfortable with myself as a result.

I still have a while to go with the toothpaste as I've only had it for two weeks now. I will be sticking with it though. I'm impressed so far.





*Full disclosure that I was sent the Curaprox gum and toothpaste. However, also full disclosure I would totally buy the toothpaste again.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar