Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Just a Few Things I’m Thankful For…

“A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles!”

Don’t get me wrong, I am so thankful for so much more than material things, but I didn’t want to bore you with my gushing about what an amazing family I have, and how much I love my life – oops!  I guess I did it anyway 😉

 

Somehow the Holidays have been overshadowed by deals, shopping, and spending money…so here’s how I still manage to feel gratitude for the most important things in my life, spend time playing games, laughing, watching movies, hanging out and sometimes arguing.  I focus only on necessary things and plan out the things I really want or need to buy, and buy them online (whilst still spending time and enjoying my family’s company).

 

Thanksgiving is a time for family, so rushing out to the stores in the middle of the night (or even now on Thanksgiving Day) is not something I am willing to trade for that time together.  I have always been a bit of a problem-solver, so that’s why I came up with my strategy.  I remember the days when I used to check out the newspaper for where were going to have the best Black Friday deals, I clipped coupons, I even strategized the best route to drive so that I would hit the most important stores first.  While it was fun spending time with my cousins and doing lots of Christmas shopping, I am definitely not motivated enough to do that anymore.

 

I still do the research before I plan what I’m going to buy, so I thought I would make it easy for you and you can shop directly from some links below that I think have great Black Friday deals…honestly, I wish the internet was more popular back then so I could have just found everything I needed in one article 🙂

 

It’s easy to get caught up in planning the meal for Thanksgiving day, but don’t forget why we celebrate that day and take just a few moments to really contemplate what you are grateful for this year.  There are many things we can be grateful for…and we should also be part of that gratitude.  I am thankful that I have learned some lessons this year (even if they were hard), I am grateful that I am stronger because of those lessons, and most importantly I love who I have become!!

 

Happy Thanksgiving week to you – I can’t guarantee I won’t gush more this week LOL

 

 



from StyleQueenie.com http://ift.tt/2A7fLN8
via IFTTT

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar