
“He was a manic-depressive, absolutely, he was manic-depressive, exactly what the word means, manic and depressive. This means periods when he did every sort of thing crazy with happiness, and then the next day, it was blackness. It was depression that drove him towards alcoholism, and afterwards a little towards drugs. Voilà.”
“When you have a relationship with an alcoholic, a drug user, you are forced to have very difficult relations. What can we do? Nothing. Just to accept the fact. To try to help, yes, which I did, with not many successes. But I did it.”
“Even with a wonderful collection, he was a very, very unhappy, unhappy guy. More than that. More than unhappy. Really. I just tried to help him from time to time. I never complained. Never. It’s an illness, nothing else. It is just an illness.”
“Today, Yves Saint Laurent and I, because of this film, because of the auction, and just in general, we are known for having been a gay couple who collected art. It’s not true.”
“It is sexuality and not art that has been our driving force.”
“I don’t know. Maybe not. When something is too difficult, you have to give up. So that becomes the good choice. No regrets. Never.”
- YSLs long term partner, Pierre Bergé. A few quotes taken from the new documentary detailing the designers relationship. I can't wait to see it.

0 Yorumlar