Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Best of the Week for Mid-August

Here I am once again, later in the day than usual thanks to my being back at school, but still looking at the good things that happened in my week.  I am linking again with Susanne and friends over at Living to Tell the Story for...



Back to School - It was back-to-school for me on Thursday of this week. This is our opening staff meeting in the auditorium.  It was socially distanced and all the teachers wore masks. 

While I am not happy that we will have no social distancing for students in the classroom, I do feel that our principal is doing her best to deal with the situation our district has put us in.  We have been given masks and face shields, and I have purchased some more PPE on my own. 

Despite the challenges of going back to school this year, I am grateful to have a job that provides us a good income and benefits we need.  I am also glad that the first two days back have gone well. I got a lot of lesson planning and preparation done.  We will have more teacher meetings next week, then students come back on Monday, August 24. 

Morning and Evening Walks - With me being back in school, morning walks with Charly are not going to happen on weekdays any more, but I have enjoyed them.  Here are some pictures from our last morning walk of the summer.  Since Charly is now retired, he walks by himself in the morning and then we walk together in the evening.  

A Final Summer Project Complete -  I have been wanting to clean out my container cupboard since we went on lock down in March, but never got around to it until the night before school started.  Charly helped, and we took everything off of both shelves, and threw away some containers that lacked lids or that we didn't use much.  The cupboard looks better and it is now easier to find what we are looking for now. 

Vacation Memories -  After our lovely vacation to Yellowstone at the end of July, I decided to order a photo books of some of the pictures I took.  The book came this week, and we were so pleased with how it turned out.  It is nice to have a way to remember this great vacation. 

Birthday Wishes for a Friend - it was my friend Lara's birthday yesterday, so earlier today I got a birthday cake from my favorite bakery and took it to her.  We had a little chat on her front porch.  I was glad to have a reason to go see her and have a visit.  She is a lovely woman and a good friend.

A New Office Chair - We bought a new office chair for my desk.  Charly assembled it today and it is so much more comfortable than the old folding chair I had been using to work at my desk.  My back is very happy about this new chair.

Those are some of the best things in my world this past week.  I hope you also had some good things in your week.  Have a good weekend.

























Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar