Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Daily vocabulary and other notes

brazoobie |brə'zu'bē|: a party at which all attendees (including the men) wear nothing but brassieres, although a tasteful strand of pearls is acceptable. Alcohol and light hors d'oeuvres are usually served.

-To freshen sponges, run them through the dishwasher along with the soiled plates and flatware.

-I just said "soiled." I just said "flatware."

-I use "shampoo" as a verb. It is this sort of subtlety that sophisticates me.

Not now. I just shampooed my hair!

Okay, baby, but first let me shampoo my hair.

-I also use the verb "launder." Laundering the bedding produces the happy result of Clean Sheet Day, which has its own implications.

You miserable Goat! I just laundered the bedding!

-I am proud of myself for not drawing attention to using the word bedding in the previous entry and I realize that I have diminished said accomplishment by noting my pride in this entry.

-My 27-ounce Klean Kanteen stainless steel classic with the sport cap in "Prevention Purple" squeaks when I drink from it.

-Sometimes I scoop Pierre's Premium Ice Cream (peanut butter cup) directly from the carton (with a spoon) and place a single Dan Dee extra dark/extra salty pretzel ring upon it and eat the two together. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I employ a marital aid.

-My long gray hairs imbue me with a certain regality.

-Use newspaper and a spray bottle of vinegar and water to clean windows. Let me know how it works out. I've never tried it.

*  *  *

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar