The best thing about this escape hatch is that it has a cafe at the end of it. Sort of like the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
It comes in handy.......a lot.
Kids on bikes, helmets on heads, spare change for coffee and iceblocks and we're off.

Missy Moo is only just off training wheels and often struggles to balance the need to be with the older kids and her need to be safe. It's anyone's guess which one will win out on the day.I can usually be found running down the hill behind her, arms flapping in the breeze yelling "USE YOUR BRAKES!!"
He did so well on this day, he hardly whinged at all and insisted on walking all by himself the whole way.
There are a number of tracks in the forest and this one has all rare breeds of gums, with fact plaques on each one. This is Missy Moo with one of her BFF's from the 'hood.
There are a number of tracks in the forest and this one has all rare breeds of gums, with fact plaques on each one. This is Missy Moo with one of her BFF's from the 'hood.I remember being really cranky on this day. Just hormonal......you know how it gets.
Desperately wanting about 10 minutes to pass out under a tree and close my eyes, I told them to go along this trail, knowing there were at least 8 trees, and said "Don't come back until you've memorised one fact about each tree."
"The track's closed for renovations today." Bugger.
Yeah, don't worry about the signs. Can you imagine how we're ever going to teach these guys how to drive?
I don't know why particularly.
I guess the girls look all pink and purposeful.
Would you want to meet them in a dark alley?
Yeah, don't worry about the signs. Can you imagine how we're ever going to teach these guys how to drive?I'd left in a huff "I'LL take them to the forest. YOU relax." I had sniffed.
Poor guy.
He had offered to take them, but I was determined to be a martyr.
I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes.
I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes.
He took Bugsy and ALL the kids for another lap of the forest.
And gently sent me home for a rest.
He rocks.
I went home and cried in shame for being so small.
I went home and cried in shame for being so small.
I love a good cry.
Everyone was home an hour later filled with chatter about the amazing jumps they'd done on their bikes and the awesome new track they'd discovered.
And me........I was filled with a new heart and a new attitude.
Meredith xo.






0 Yorumlar