I bought some batting, and some muslin to back it with, and I set to quilting it on my Bernina.
I took the day off from weaving.
HONEST.
I really did.
It's only a twin size, but it's in perfect condition.
While I was sewing, and concentrating on quilting every single octagon, I was able to appreciate each and every one.
The variety of fabrics, and the sheer number of them, began to amaze me.
I thought about how much time was spent cutting all these pieces, and hand sewing them.
It was a labor of love, for sure.
Tomorrow I will bind the edges, and it will be finished, and I will treasure it; not because I quilted it, but because someone, a long time ago, made it. And it feels like they made it just for me.
Every evening, when day is done, my girl is here on the couch with me, sometimes resting her head on my leg.
Just so much love.





0 Yorumlar