Thursday is usually our shopping day so we were into town early for our market shopping. £1.60 for a Cauiflower!!! I think not!!! even if I do get a discount from the stall. We did have a treat of some lovely fresh strawberries for after lunch though. On the way home we called at the new Morrisons store which had just opened only a couple of miles from where we live, I picked up some milk and a large bag of frozen cauli, a bargain at only £1 and with some cheese sauce it will be ok plus it will do us several meals.
This afternoon I had some eggs to use up, we have plenty at the moment as my daughter in laws chickens are laying really well and we get the spares :-) They are always really fresh and taste so much better than shop bought. I decided to make Coconut loaf cakes, its my sons favourite and as we are going for tea tomorrow they will come in handy to take with us.
Soak 120gm of Dessicated Coconut in half a pint of milk for 2 hours
225g Butter
225gm Sugar
4 beaten Eggs
450gm Self Raising Flour
Cream butter and sugar, gradually add eggs and mix well.
Add the flour then the milky coconut, mix well. The mixture is quite a soft one.
Divide between 3 lb lined loaf tins and sprinkle tops with a bit of extra coconut
Bake 160*c for about 1 hour. Test with a skewer to make sure they are cooked. Cool on a wire tray.
They freeze beautifully. A lovely moist cake.
Thank you for looking
Karen xxx

0 Yorumlar