" .. Dude, I still don't get it. How many times do you need to bang your head to realize it wont work out and yet you still do it? Have you lost your mind?".. Once, a random friend told me this. I was rendered speechless and it brought me to this intriguing thought. How does one dare so blatantly speak with such confidence or even so define whatever the hell true love means? Is there something that he has gone through that I haven't ? If so I definitely would love to be enlightened. Is there an actual universal term where you can measure and judge the value or so to say how true your love is?
" .. You wont understand lah, you've never experienced true love. "
"... okeh. "
..Is it valued upon by random actions and sacrifices because if you ask me, no matter how special a thing you do for someone you could possibly just do it for someone else. Lets just say as of now in some random scenario you dived to the rescue of your loved one in the process sacrificing some psychical attribute of some sort. What? Which part? Whichever lah. The point is, the chances are you would probably do it for a random stranger out of reflex. So what is it that could possibly be tangible enough for one to value how deep is one's love towards the other, doesn't matter who, it could be your grandfather for all I care.
...
Do we measure it by words? Words are only words and no more after all. We could mention a million damned things we would do for someone yet we just wouldn't when the scenario actually occurs. Maybe just maybe, we might. Who knows? But is that itself a tangible notion to measure it with?
..
Or maybe to some people do they measure it by material means? Like how I've mentioned in my entry about Christmas, do some actually measure it by dollars worth?
" .. That person loves me judging by this present, 10$ worth! Damn. "
Perhaps one of the only tangible things one can measure with, but definitely lacking in the proper accuracy judging by mutiple factor which you can all name basing on merely your common sense. If you lack those, too bad. Go figure.
Or maybe its like what most people say, its the thought that counts. Right? Right. So assuming that the statement above is in fact a reality I guess the following statement below would be completely and accurately be categorized under love right?
" .. Honey, I thought of getting you something ! Honestly, but I kinda got lazy. But but! Its the thought that counts right? Right. I know you love me so damned much."
..Still doesn't make much sense to me.
Perhaps we're all too young to possess the capability of figuring this out, perhaps all of this could be told in time. Who knows right? That's the cursed damned journey of life, you cant have people tell you all the answers you have to seek it. Such is the route we all have to endure.
But to me, I measure it based of the amount of compromise, the amount of common understanding that both parties share, moments shared, sacrifices one is willing to undergo for the other and of course the intangible emotions that's only shared by the both parties that none of the outside world would understand. As of now, cheesy or not I dare say that I am in fact very much in love. Maybe not by the conventional definition, by in my dictionary I definitely am. Perhaps, one like I've never had before.
..
I'm such a fucking corny bastard. Perhaps its a fitting entry seeing that valentines day is just around the corner
So anyways? how exactly does the rest of the world look upon this subject? Anyone care to enlighten me with their views on this?
..Please do entertain me. Really.


0 Yorumlar