So, there I was....minding my own business a week ago last Saturday. My phone dings and it's a text from the guests staying in the Guest House. Apparently, the Heater/Air Conditioner isn't doing anything and is displaying a code in red. It's in the Mid-70's, so not an emergency, but...It's expected to get cooler that night. I walk down to the Guest House fully expecting to use the tried and true technique used by both aircraft crew chiefs and technology folks throughout the world.
Beans, c'mon, you know this one donch'a?
Turn it off, turn it back on.
So, I do, fully expecting the round of applause for my heroic brilliance.
Which I'm sure I'd have gotten if the AC had come back on.
So, I go and cycle the Circuit Breaker.
Nada.
Well, crap! That's why we pay for premium service from the Company.
He shows up about 30 minutes later.
Yes, Beans in spite of what I told him I tried already, he turned it off and back on then cycled the circuit breaker. Thankfully/unthankfully (My Ego/My Guests), he had no better luck than I.
So, he calls his boss who tells him to check the wiring to the rapty-fratser or something. After unscrewing half the screws in the western hemisphere, he peers in and discovered that some rat bastid (or is it bastid rat) had chewed through the sensor wire.
"juvat, we'll have to order a new rapty-fratser. It's Saturday, we'll send the order today, but...nobody will read it until Monday, so you're looking at Tuesday...Wednesday at the latest. "
I convey this information to our guest, who happens to be a plumber. He says "No problem, I deal with that supply problem all the time."
So I drive down to Lowes and buy an oscillating heater to keep them all warm if it chills off during the remainder of their visit.
Wednesday comes and goes, and we've got Guests this weekend. Granted they're Family and it's the "Gathering of the Clan" for the Lighted Christmas Parade, but gotta make an impression, right? So, Mrs J calls the Air Conditioner Guys. They said they'll check on the parts status and get back to us.
Well...They do. It's a good d**n thing the forecast is warm for the weekend. Evidently, the part is off the coast of California on a container ship and isn't expected to be allowed to dock and offload till the end of the month at the earliest.
HELLUVA fine job you're doing, Mr Buttgieg! And you want to be President? Why? So you can make slow Joe look competent?
YGBSM!
Let's think Happy Thoughts, juvat!
Happy Thoughts, Aye Sarge.
| Mother and Daughter having a snooze in GrandDad's chair. Don't get no happier than that! |
Our second annual "Gathering of the Clans" occurred this past weekend. SIL's immediate Family arrived Friday. The juvat Clan was underrepresented as Little J and DIL won't arrive in country until Dec 29th (and they'll be jet lagged badly, so we won't see them until the 30th). That having been said a good time was had by all and we tailgated at the FBG annual lighted Christmas Parade. The parade had been canceled last year because of you know wu. But the City grew a pair and went ahead with it this year. Very nice evening, low 70's at parade start. And this was the first viewing for SIL's family. The parade lasted 2 hours (the longest time TxDOT will allow US87/290 to be closed, but here come the highlights.
Almost like normal.

0 Yorumlar