Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cross Stitching Plans for 2018

Stitching Plans are made. I know good and well that I am being too ambitious, but I want to do so much. I have a list made of what I want to do, but I am mulling over days of the week for my weeks in progress. I have seen this with others, so I am intrigued. I tend to get locked in on something until I need to walk away. I am going to venture out and give this rotation thingie a better try this year. Since I have no stitch that is just pressing on me I am going to give it a whirl.

Not sure what this will look like..

Here are some thoughts...
Days for different topics such as Christmas, Patriotic, seasonal, etc.??? OR
A week assigned to the topics...(I am sort of thinking this might be more my thing than a day for each. I tend to get scattered and days might be too much for me. I might never accomplish anything.

We will see what happens in the new year.

I apologize right up front for the photos. They were all made on my iPhone and it is cloudy to boot. Throw in an overhead light above the counter, they are a little less than good.

First up is something I have had for a while, but I am stitching feverishly to finish before the new year. I think I will get it framed and put it in a prominent place on the desk. I think I need to look it at every morning.


I am dying to show you this and it is going to be one of those that I will definitely do in a frequent rotation. This one makes me think day!!! I have eyed this for a while. I would love to have it done by the end of the summer. There are four of them. It is called Summer Schoolhouse by Brenda Gervais. This one was a Christmas present.


The other thing that leads me to want and try days is the number of patriotic pieces that I want to do. Both of the following are presents from Arlene @Nanaland. I will start these the first of January.



This one was a Christmas project. I saw this one that Vonna had done on The Twisted Stitcher. 



The other thought for January is an iffy. Some of it just might have to wait until next year. I want to do those snowmen and some snowflakes in the second picture. I would do them in white on blue or blue on white (I think?). I am taking them with me on my trip at the end of this week. If I don't get them knocked out, I may put them on hold and just get those hearts done for Valentine's Day. The snowmen and hearts were also from Arlene.



Next up is some seasonal patterns that I saw on Carol @Stitching Dream. She did Spring and Summer crossing one over one. I fell in love with them. They are Christmas presents. I made a wish list on 123Stitch and shared with my daughter. I knew she would take care of it😊


I want to do this Golden on my old pattern. I would have liked to have done it for Christmas for Paul Allen, but alas it didn't happen.


I want to do this one for my daughter. I think she would like it. I pulled out this gray, but the more I look at it, I think I will order the green for the linen.


The next two are also Christmas gifts. I will hopefully get the robin done by spring. The winter piece will definitely go to July with maybe Christmas stitching. Which leads to the fact that I have about 6 ornaments started and I really want to do more of them. I have designated July as stitching Christmas, but I may do some finishing on those earlier.



The last two are calling me. I really want to do both for my sewing room. Like I said....very ambitious.



My other big goal is to master making the cording. I am hopeful it will appear on my ornaments this year.

I will be sharing them as I finish them, so we will see what I accomplish in 2018. 

Hopefully you will find me stitching,
Sandy






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar